Thank you for contributing to the ongoing work in Nepal.
Our missionaries followed a call to the mission field in 2002 and started Cross-Way Church from their small apartment in Kathmandu in 2004. Cross-Way has outgrown two locations and now meets at a new campus that has space for the regularly gathering of about 130 people for worship. Cross-Way also ministers in several ways throughout the week, including prayer meetings, youth and children’s ministries, diaconal ministries, sports ministry, outreach, door-to-door evangelism, home visits, house churches, music concerts, talent shows, seminars, and special presentations.
The vision of Cross-Way Community Church is to be “a Well of God’s Grace, from where we’ll draw to plant Christ-Centered Churches in 75 districts of Nepal.”
Visit the Cross-Way Community Church website at www.cross-waynepal.org.
Through Bimala’s dream to share God’s love with the disadvantaged in Kathmandu, Higher Ground Café was born in 2006, followed by a bakery and craft business. Higher Ground now employs over thirty people and provides employees with dignity and income for their families. These enterprises especially seek to provide opportunities for ‘at-risk’ women and youth, many of whom are economically marginalized and turn to sex-trafficking in order to support their families. Employees develop their spiritual, social and financial wisdom, in addition to learning the concrete skills of baking, coffee-making, jewelry designing, sewing, and more.
In 2010, a non-profit and non-governmental organization called Higher Ground Community Development Nepal (HGCDN) was established and is now funded through the revenue generated from the three branches of Higher Ground. HGCDN supports several programs:
- A scholarship program to provide education to over 20 disadvantaged or orphaned children throughout Nepal.
- A safe-home to shelter women who were rescued from dance-bars or living in unsafe living environments.
- A counseling center to empower and restore trafficked victims whose struggle out of bondage continues.
- A micro-enterprise loan program to provide funds for and further the dreams of small business such as pig farms, shops, tailors, and bakeries.
- Programs and dance-bar outreaches to raise the awareness of human trafficking and to rescue trafficked girls
Higher Ground Ministries has been recognized on many occasions as an important Non-Profit NGO in Nepal.
Follow Higher Ground Crafts on Pinterest.